View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 01:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsgirl View Post
The attorney and the Chiropractor sent me to a Neuro-Surgeon, who looked at the MRI and stated that he was not concerned with my disc's. He stated that my posterior fossa was to small, and that he believed that I had a Chiari Malformation. ??? Please believe that I am not a stupid person, but I asked him to spell it, and began reading. He gave me a type of steroid, and Diamox. He also sent me for a Gated Flow Study. He said that he wanted to see the results of this study before proceeding. I had the test administered, was looking at the results with the young lady and told her that he was concerned with a blockage. She told me that in her opinion, she didn't see one. Well, I thought that I was scott free! Went to the doctor's office--with my 11 year old son. He looked at the images in the hall, came in and immediately told me that my study was abnormal. He proceeded in telling me that the CSF was blocked in two area's, and that I needed decompression surgery. I thought that I was calm, and speaking intelligently. My son said, mom your shaking. Yes I was, uncontrollably. My former employer, a County agency is fighting my surgery. They have since postponed the Industrial Commission's hearing. I have been told that Chiari isn't always symptomatic until you have an injury, and I have also been told that these debilitating migraines was Chiari headaches all along.
((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))). First off, you were extremely fortunate that the chiro and neuro sent you to a nsg!! Most would never have seen the need.

Second, as much as I appreciate the chiro sending you to the nsg, you cannot, cannot, cannot keep getting treatments from him. He will complicate the Chiari. Thank him and bid him adieu.

Third, that employer can kiss your @$$. You need this surgery, and if your symptoms are already bad, they will likely worsen without it, and you can die. I would hire an atty right away. Even the threat of a lawsuit can shut most of them up. Go with your nsg's opinion. He sounds like a gem. (Who is it??)

Good luck, and please let me know...

LIZARD
LIZARD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote