View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 04:51 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Post concussion syndrome new concussion or no?- recovering athlete

Hi,

I am an ice hockey player who got a concussion 4 months ago and my doctor was having me do a re exertional protocol and eventually I was doing skating with a stick and puck. My friend accidentally lowered his shoulder and hit mesquare in the chest ( NO head contact )at a medium impact. This impact was last Saturday.

My very experienced and awesome doctor (this isn’t sarcasm he got me to where I was last week) said no new concussion but for the last week I have not been able to tolerate exercise anymore and my symptoms worsened and I sat after to get extremely fatigued after 7 days.

Does it look like my doctor is right and it is just a setback? Or does this seem like a new concussion. I’ve been extremely anxious and am curious. I have had a setback before in which I was hit by a football but it resulted in 2 days of increased symptoms and then it was fine.

Should be important to note that I had no symptoms immediately following the hit on the ice until 40ish hours had passed and I was able to exercise the next day with no symptom exacerbation.

Symptoms now that I have been suffering for the last 7 days
-6/10 pain level headache
-nasuea and loss of appetite (started today)
-extreme fatigue (started today)
-waking up in the middle of the night for 10 mins each night

These symptoms had already disappeared until I got hit. (Except a 3/10 headache usually)

Also should be important to note that I am very anxious and always look to the worst case scenario.
Jflem16 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote