Old 05-20-2019, 11:10 AM
Member - formerly TT1234

10 yr Member
Member - formerly TT1234

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Kristin,

Trying to get an image that shows an injury is usually a wasted effort. Instead, you goal should be finding a physical therapist who knows gentle techniques of traction and mobilization and can help you find good postures that help you not stress your neck.

No range of motion exercises. Maybe some static strengthening exercises.

It took me 2 years of disciplined efforts to get better. It is a long slow process.
Mark,

I agree trying to image a possible injury that can't be fixed anyway is a waste of time.

If Kristin's case is anything like mine, however, then I wouldn't assume that whatever is wrong can't be fixed. I believe that there's no easy fix for the low-grade neck discomfort I've had on and off for years, but this new pain (new for me, that is) is quite different subjectively. For one thing, it is excruciating.

There are plenty of neck issues that can cause pain such as Kristin describes, and that show up on imaging and be fixed. For instance, blood vessels compressing cranial nerves can potentially be decompressed. (That's just an example; I'm not suggesting that compressed nerves are at work in anyone's particular case or that decompression is an easy fix.)

It seems to me that imaging is worth it in this case.
Carrico is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote