View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 09:43 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

You make a lot of sense, Donna.

I think the mother wanted to pick a fight, and enjoyed the opportunity to do it, but was more for show, as you said. She was a crazy mess. It looked like she had not bathed in a long time, she couldn't stay on point, was saying some very odd things, and kept making strange (and very amusing) whole arm gestures. I think she's on drugs. She's lucky I didn't laugh in her face. Well, I did when she insisted her son had NEVER left his bike on our side of the patio.

I don't expect to have to deal with her regarding this issue again, if at all. I won't be swearing at anymore children, and I have the father's number now. Hopefully, we can work things out that way.

I decided not to wait for a call from one of the doctors, and called my surgeon's office yesterday. I got a call back from one of the nurses at the hospital, who said that Dr. Chen suggested I go on a liquid diet for the time being to see if I feel better. Another nurse is going to call me today to see how I'm doing, and to try to schedule an appointment with me to see her soon in her suburban office, which is hard enough to get to... there's no way I can drive into Boston.

I do feel better since going on the liquid diet. I had only had a little chicken noodle soup prior to that suggestion being made anyway. I'm not having any pain anymore. I'm still not going to the BR in any meaningful way tho. I think it will take a while, but I think things will work themselves out. I don't know how long I will be on the liquid diet, but right now it's not bothering me. I'm just worried about losing more weight. I've already lost 2lbs of the weight I gained back since coming home from the hospital.

When I see Dr. Chen, I'm going to tell her I'm content with just having D for the rest of my life. I don't want to spend my life in and out of the hospital with small bowel obstructions (I've had plenty of patients with that same problem), but I don't want to have anymore surgeries either.

I'm going to try to make a quick trip to the grocery store a little later today if my stomach feels okay. The walking will do me good.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-21-2019), Dmom3005 (05-21-2019), Mari (05-21-2019), mymorgy (05-21-2019)