View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 10:01 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Thank you Bobby, but all those protein shakes are grosss!!! I'm not ready for them yet
I only lost 1/2lb between yesterday and today, so that's not too bad. Honestly, I think this is a good weight for me to be at, but I am concerned about how I got here, and losing more weight that way, because it's not healthy. At some point, I may have to start drinking that crap tho.

I'm still constipated/impacted. I know I'm not obstructed right now (no pain, etc), but aside from some liquid D, which went around the impaction (not a bad thing), nothing is moving. It may be because the passage is just too narrow, but I think I just need more time. This morning things seem a little more promising tho, so maybe something will happen...

I'm glad that I called Dr. Chen, and she suggested I go on a liquid diet because I think that I would be in trouble, or at least in a great deal of discomfort, right now if I didn't. I spoke to a nurse from Tufts this morning who told me that Dr. Chen was of the same mind, that things would probably resolve given time, and I should stay on a liquid or soft diet in the meantime. The secretary from her S office is going to call me tomorrow to schedule an appointment.

Being on a liquid diet, and being unsure of how long I would be on it made meal planning and grocery shopping pretty difficult yesterday. I think I did okay tho. I really didn't enjoy cooking and doing the dishes for a dinner I couldn't eat last night, and am not looking forward to doing it again tonight. Fortunately, I bought things that will be easier for me to cook going forward, whether it's for one or two people.

Today is lottery day, so I will at least get out of the house to do that. I think I will do a little cleaning today, too. Moving around is in my best interests right now.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-22-2019), Dmom3005 (05-22-2019), Mari (05-23-2019), mymorgy (05-22-2019)