View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 01:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default eliminate the stress

Hey Craig -

The answer to this question is different for everyone. Having a supportive employer/work environment is essential - the more supportive, the longer you can work.

You said your employer is aware of your PD but not the implications. Do you have a good enough relationship with him/her to help him understand? The stress you are under will only continue to exacerbate your symptoms (especially in public) unless those with whom you work are understanding. You don't need or want the stress.

How much you want to keep this job or keep working at all will guide how far you want to push this. Here's a link to job accommodation information for PD http://www.jan.wvu.edu/media/PD.html

Good luck to you - it was almost this exact same question that brought me to (the original version of) this forum over 5 years ago. My situation was much different than yours; the advice and support I found here was invaluable.

“Cautious, careful people, always casting about to preserve their reputation and social standing, never can bring about a reform. Those who are really in earnest must be willing to be anything or nothing in the world’s estimation, and publicly and privately, in season and out, avow their sympathy with despised and persecuted ideas and their advocates, and bear the consequences.” — Susan B. Anthony
indigogo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote