View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 02:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Desi and all

Sadly often, does not mean always .If it did there would be far less people suffering.Blocks don't always work .That is a fact .
As I believe you yourself , and many other's have said RSD " has a mind of it's own" and that can truly be said when speaking to it's progression.
Why is it that some people get it in one limb and it stays there for years without spread ,and another can go full body within a week of contracting the disease?
If we knew the answers to these questions I am sure many of us would feel a whole lot better.And, our doctors would have a lot more answers.
What I do know is that regardless of whether the blocks put you into remission or not , and I am very sorry that they did not work for you, (I would not personally stop at 3) you have found ,or you will find a doctor that knows about RSD and one that you trust!!!.
That is a battle for many in itself!
Trusting your doctor and knowing that together you are working on getting the best possible outcome for you is an invaluable x factor in the fight against this thing- and the earlier this this happens the better off you are at finding
the proper mix of meds , physio or whatever that might be to get you in a holding pattern or best case scenario making you better.
Many can go years without even getting to this point in their journey .
If you read my recent threads I have never given up ; I have never stopped searching ; .This does not mean I am not living in peace as I am and I have been but I am the captain of my medical ship, and it is up to me to take the reins and decide where I need to go.
If I don't like the direction a doctor is leading me in I speak up!
I can't get anywhere if I am not informed- don't speak my mind and don't ask for what I want.
This too is a process that does not happen over night but you will get better at it by neccessity.
So take a deep breath. try to relax - and take it day by day
You are on the road to somewhere

Much peaace

GnP

Last edited by Goodn'Plenty; 07-23-2007 at 02:46 PM. Reason: I didn't finish
Goodn'Plenty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote