View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 06:07 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Bumped head at waterpark

Yesterday my girlfriend and I were at the local waterpark as an alternative to the beach since it is a long drive.

One of the rides we rode tandem, both of us on one inflatable raft, that went through a tunnel and fed into a shallow swimming pool at the bottom. As we were getting out, she got up before me and I was not expecting it - so I fell a bit backwards into the steel/metal handrail in the steps of the shallow end of the waiting pool and bumped the back of my head [on the metal handrail of the pool].

The main side effect has been headache and watery eyes. But I've also had some sniffling for a few days and can't tell if it's overlapping with allergy-type behavior.

Summary: Was getting off of a float/raft in the shallow end of the waiting pool after going down a tunnel ride in a waterpark and when I was getting out, I fell slightly backwards and bumped the back of my head on the steel/metal handrail of the pool.

Would this worry anyone of a possible concussion? I felt no tenderness/soreness on my head and don't have a goose egg or bump. There was just a bit of a clunk sound when I hit it. No loss of consciousness and headache was worse yesterday - not as bad today. Memory is still good and I recall what happened before and after. Didn't throw up.

Last edited by keeponmovin; 05-26-2019 at 09:24 PM.
keeponmovin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote