Thread: Suspected PN
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 06:46 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Suspected PN

Hello folks

Let me introduce myself first. I am having symptoms of suspected peripheral neuropathy for about a month or so now. The symptoms include pins and needles in my hands , feet , arms and legs at random places in random times, tingling and twitching mostly in the evening and nighttime. My doctor does not think so and has ordered bloodwork (fasting sugar, choresterol, cbc etc). Last month did liver enzymes which were normal (I take allopurinol for gout and levothyroxine (synthroid) for my thyroid). Dr. Google suggested using R-Alpha Lipoic Acid to relieve neuropathy symptoms , so I bought some from the internet. So far, I have been taking r-ALA alongwith B12 supplements for about 2 weeks , but the symptoms seem to persist. I know its too early to expect any results.

My question is how long should I wait before abandoning the idea of using R-ALA for neuropathy? What should be the next steps? Should I ask for a referal to the neurologist? Any other supplements that I should try alongwith R-ALA and B12?

Thanks in advance
P3000g is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote