Old 05-28-2019, 11:17 AM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by V5nus View Post
I'm on the first rung of the Tarlov cyst (TC) ladder and thought that my first recent encounter with the neuroradiologist was very lacking too. My MRI shows multiple cysts all along the spinal area and I have weak legs, pain in thighs and buttocks, lower back pain, occasional dizziness, partial erection when urinating reducing the flow, occasional loose bowels, pain in shoulders and neck and pressure behind my left eye and a feeling a marble is lodged there.

He too basically told me to get lost and prescribed the catch all more exercise and stronger pain killers. So I'm stuck: where do I go from here?

Ian in Caanada.
Hello, I'm a newbie - have multiple Tarlov cysts, diagnosed by NeuroSurg thru MRI. Have spinal stenosis - had three fusion plates in cervical spine - have similar symptoms. Dr. said "inoperable" and addressed another area of pinched nerve in cervical area that could be operated on if pain gets worse. Not my cup of tea - had enough surgeries. My symptoms had been recited to primary care Doc and Heart spec. because I have some issues with heart - got no where. One MRI and visit to the right Doc and now I know. But I don't know now what to expect! So we are both kind of stuck but if we both push hard we will find our way out of this. I had to laugh at all the "talking points" of diets of plant foods, exercise, massage, mind over matter, etc. Its kind of insulting but they mean well. I like to have a Plan B and am trying to come up with one.
Saratoga is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote