View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 11:41 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

I just wanted to chime in and say that it can improve to be at least tolerable. I have CRPS and have for the past year-ish. I am still adjusting medications but a couple have helped considerably. I have been doing lyrica (pregablin), celebrex (celecoxib), zanaflex (tizanidine) and norco (hydrocodone) for a while which has helped. Unfortunately mine keeps spreading and worsening so we are switching up the regimen starting today to replace Norco with Nucynta which is supposed to be great for nerve pain. I don't know if that's an option where you are and I listed brand and generic names for you since I don't think your'e in the US.

Has she tried desensitization therapy? That helps a lot as well as aquatic exercise and/or PT. I did not have luck with mirror therapy or nerve blocks but those may be worth a shot too. I have heard great things about Calmare but not sure if it's available where you are. Italy has neridronic (spelling?) acid treatment which is showing a lot of promise. Keep trying different treatment regimens until you find one that at least makes life tolerable. That's really the name of the game with CRPS unless she is lucky and goes in to remission.
annabanana123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (05-29-2019), birchlake (05-29-2019)