Thread: Coming to terms
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 04:51 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to on one hand say hi after a two-year silence and wish everyone good health. I also want to share again my gratitude, since I still remember this forum as a place that helped me a lot, to know that I am not alone, that there are others who are going through hardship and who are willing to give good advice and help.

I also want to give an update on my condition. When I was diagnosed with TOS in 2016 by both Dr. Freischlag and Dr. Thompson I came here and realized that people who recover, almost never post and someone said: “of course, those that are well, no longer come here.” So I wanted to tell you that now, three years and 2 months after my diagnosis, and two years and 11 months since the beginning of my recovery, I still am doing well (and I still come here occasionally).

My symptoms are completely resolved, and while two years ago (in 2017, when I posted last) I still had bothersome issues, such as burning and tingling and occasional pain of level 2-3, today I have no symptoms whatsoever. The condition has completely resolved and I have no limitations in playing my instrument, typing on the computer, or lifting heavy objects.

I just wanted to post this because I know there are a lot of people - I used to be one of them - who come here looking for answers, and I wanted to let them know that not all is lost and that there are people, like myself, who achieve recovery even when all odds seem to be against it! And once again to thank all the kind people of this forum, who keep helping with advice and kind words those who are in need.
dacello is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
astern (05-29-2019)