View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 03:29 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Aqua PT in warm salt water & low dose naltrexone helped me get moving when I was losing my mind & bed ridden. I am on my CRPS feet walking with a Hugo cane in my CRPS hands. Yes, it spread, yes I have it in all 4 limbs, but at least I can get around & occasionally drive.

If your wife cannot find a warm pool, buy her a wetsuit to wear at a local pool. If your wife is like me she may not be able to tolerate tepid water. Fortunately, Littlepaw recommended a shorty wetsuit, a miracle which has enabled me to use the pool at my local “Y” several times a week. I am sorry I delayed getting the wetsuit sooner, because I lost significant muscle mass trying unsuccessfully to do my own PT on land when I was cut off from aqua PT.

I was afraid at first to try aqua PT, because showering was/is a bear. Your wife may feel the same way, if so, please tell her they are not the same. The difficult part is the changing & drying off. I purchased a surfer’s hooded changing robe that I can slip over my head to keep warm & dry off. A zippered robe could work, too. I just never found one that met my specifications. I dry off in the sauna.

Please note there is incredible fatigue with this disease that is hard to overcome. I am careful with my choices. I stopped trying to get everything done on a “good day,” because I would suffer more during the following days.

Look up Neuroplastix.com Dr. Michael Moskewitz shares animations that might help your wife. They helped me to ride a recumbent bike.
BioBased is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote