View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 05:24 PM
Member - formerly TT1234

10 yr Member
Member - formerly TT1234

10 yr Member

Hi Steve,

As a preliminary answer, I will suggest two things that several posters on this forum, myself included, how found helpful in dealing with this sensitivity to bumps.

The first is an anti-inflammatory diet. You can find lots of information about such diets online. Many posters here report significant relief from sensitivity to bumps after starting anti-inflammatory diets. For me the diet has been by far more helpful than anything else I've tried.

The second suggestion is aerobic exercise, starting light and gradually ratcheting up the intensity as you (with any luck) become more tolerant. Have you tried using a stationary bike or elliptical? When I first started trying to work out, I would be absolutely demolished by lifting and high-impact cardio (e.g. jogging), but I could tolerate low-impact cardio reasonably well.

There are many studies that show benefits of aerobic exercise for post-concussion symptoms. Anecdotally, I will join several others on this forum in confirming that exercise has reduced my sensitivity to bumps, and some other symptoms too.

These are just two preliminary suggestions. No doubt you will get many more from the other forum-goers.
Carrico is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote