Thread: Coming to terms
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 09:22 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

I have no real suggestions for you, as I don't know much medically and/or about your situation. I was reading the thread to see if anyone suggested anything for you that I might try for my condition. That said, you made one comment about wishing you could just get relief "in that one spot" and I thought of my Lidocaine patches, and how when one area or another is or has been screaming, I put a patch there to calm what I feel down. Also, I have used a medication, Voltaren Gel, which calms things down in areas where nerve pain presents. I know Voltaren isn't for nerves, but if the nerves are "angry" then the muscles, ligaments, tendons and every other thing in the area is also angry, tight, and aching with pain in it. My dx is CRPS, and Fibro, but my experience is that it's not "just nerve pain" ever with me.

There is an off label (to say the least) use of a thing called DMSO, which is literally sold at feed and seed stores. I use it sometimes in areas that are "screaming" and it does something for me. That said, I can't use it on my shoulders or in really tender places. There is a lot on the internet about human use of DMSO, and it's not approved by the FDA....but lots of things aren't, and my experience with DMSO is positive, so I want to be able to say what I do with particularly throbbing areas on my body. I've even mixed the Voltaren and DMSO to get the Voltaren down in there, so to speak. Again, this is my home remedy spot treatment to go after a particularly painful place.

All the best and I hope resolution is found for your condition so that you can continue to do what you love. Surely with time and finding the right doctors, you will get the resolution you seek. I pray, and will pray for that.
CRPSinSC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote