View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 09:46 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Jolting from laughing hard

This week I was planning to write a positive thread to say that I have been almost symptom-free (physically and cognitively) in the last month, 30 months after developing PCS. So, the good news is that there is hope for significant improvement even a long time after the injury.

Unfortunately, I am back instead with another relapse question. Sorry for those of you who are annoyed by these posts... Yesterday I laughed hard and uncontrollably during one minute or two after hearing something very funny. My body was jolting quite a lot, and my brain did not like that. I am having symptoms as after my concussion(s) since then, in particular strong headaches and nausea. In normal times I would try to ignore these and push through. My problem is that I am supposed to travel tomorrow for a family event, with a 6 hour train ride + 2 hour drive in the countryside, on roads that can be bumpy.

I am wondering whether I should cancel my trip and rest. I am facing the standard dilemma and hearing two conflicting voices, one saying that yesterday's jolting might have caused or aggravated an injury and that I should be super careful in the next days, the other saying that having a concussion from laughing is a ridiculous idea and that my symptoms are due to anxiety. What do you do when this kind of things happens to you? I know it is difficult to give advice, but any thought would be appreciated. Thank you.
Vania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote