View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 01:00 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Bizi is correct... the bottom number (diastolic BP) is very important, and much less likely to be effected by anxiety. Your top number (systolic BP) can easily be effected by anxiety or pain, and that is why it has been so high. By paying attention to both numbers, you get a better understanding of whether or not your blood pressure issues need to be addressed immediately or not. In your case, I would not consider a top number of 180 to be a medical emergency because of your anxiety, but I would be very concerned if the bottom number was approaching 100 or greater.

You really need to see a pdoc to get some control over your anxiety, and NOT wait a couple of weeks to do it. It is just as important as seeing your GP for your blood pressure. He also needs to know that your BP has been high, at least in part, because of anxiety in order to treat you properly.

I'm sorry that you are so anxious right now, and you don't feel like your depression isn't under control (((HUGS)))
Maybe going back to your old pdoc isn't such a bad idea... do what you think is best for you... do you feel like you were getting better care from him?
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-01-2019), Dmom3005 (06-03-2019)