View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 11:02 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Dr Amen may be able to point to where your brain is dysfunctional. Whether he has the definitive treatment is unknown.

Harch just uses SPECT to demonstrate capillary growth.

Don't discount neck issues. Inflammation can cause serious issues. 80% of concussions include a neck injury that often goes unresolved. You may have had some benign neck event 6 years ago.

What are your B-12 and folate blood levels?

There is also Carrick functional neurology/chiropractic neurology to consider.

CognitiveFX in Utah makes some big claims.

All of these alternatives are helpful to some and a waste of money to others.

The stem cell issue is still decades out. BDNF regulation would be the first accomplishment toward neuroregeneration.

[Anyways, I'm just SO DISGUSTED with the standard of care for this situation. ]

The standard of care is not the issue. If doctors cannot find the problem, it is because they do not have an understanding. There are no magic bullets. There are too many ways head injuries cause problems.

The brain does not heal fully, even in the best cases. I've live with PCS for 54 years, severe PCS for 18 years.

I was on Klonopin and it messed me up, even a low dose. I was sleepy all day after a small dose before bed. I needed it to not have mini seizures during my sleep. Now, I take low dose gabapentin before bed.

The 5-HTP I take increases serotonin. The ssri I took causes so many side-effects.

Your brain does not need 14 hours of sleep if it is getting quality sleep. Something is wrong with your sleep. You may be sleeping and breathing but you are not getting restorative sleep. What did the somnogram say about your slow wave sleep? Slow wave sleep is critical to quality sleep and comes after REM sleep.

btw, You can buy a home HBOT system for much less than a 40 to 80 dive treatment. I had great hope for HBOT but the research is just too inconsistent.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote