View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 04:23 PM
Member - formerly TT1234

10 yr Member
Member - formerly TT1234

10 yr Member
Default Changing posture throws symptoms into chaos

I've recently been trying to correct my posture. Both waking posture and sleeping posture.

I have forward-head posture. The day after I started consciously trying to keep my head over my shoulders, I started feeling a sensation pressure in my neck and the back of my head, along with grinding sounds much louder than what I'm accustomed to. Later in the day I started getting bursts of extreme pain in my neck that lasted a few second each.

Perhaps being a complete fool, I did not immediately abort my posture-fixing efforts. I kept at it for about a week, during which period I continued to have the same neck pressure and bursts of pain. After a week I finally gave it up and went back to my old slouching ways.

That was all in January. Since then the neck pain has improved slightly but hasn't gone away. On the other hand, my usual sensitivity to bumps has gone way down (after a brief worsening at the outset). In fact I don't really mind cars at all now.

Since returning to my old slouching ways didn't help my neck, I decided today to try straightening my posture again. Sure enough, even since this morning the pain, pressure, and grinding sounds in my neck have all gotten worse. I don't know whether to push grit my teeth and maintain a straight posture or perhaps try gentler methods of fixing my posture.

I'm wondering if anyone has any similar experiences or ideas about what might be going on here. I'm really at a loss.
Carrico is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote