View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 06:13 AM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Most tend to gain weight due to pain meds & less activity..
Some have muscle shrinkage/wasting when a nerve is affected, but that is only for the shoulder, hand or arm affected..

Have you had a full health work up, if you don't think any diet or activity changes are the reason..
Are you eating the same amount of food/calories as before?
I haven't taken RX pain meds in years really. Was tired if the head in the clouds feeling. Over a couple of months I tapered my self off them completely. Nerve pain is very slight anymore after having 3 rounds of 750ml bupivacaine to the nerves to get them to reset. Most the pain now is positional caused. I can usually elevate that by flexing the elbows, thinking cubital impingement there. As far as weight thinking mostly due to wrong foods and not enough calories. I have a very high metabolism. Muscle wasting for lack of use or atrophy I believe is some of the loss of weight. Work up wise I've got a Dr. appointment on the 11th of June with a new doctor. I am a smart guy in the aspect of my records. I've already given him a full copy of all surgery's, tests,therapy sessions and the whole nine yards ( feel sorry he has to sort through all that paperwork).
MechaNech is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote