View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 09:22 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I have the AA book. I have read it, and found parts of it useful/interesting even though I am not religious. You kind of have to take what you want and leave the rest. I used a hi-lighter and paperclips when I was actively reading it, so you know there really are good parts. The book is somewhere in a huge box in the closet now. I wish I had it close at hand so that we could discuss it.

It was really nice of Jeff to buy you the book about the 12 steps. I'm glad that he's being supportive. I hope that the book helps...
I think with all the reading you are going to be doing, you will probably be spending less time on the internet, which is a good thing (((HUGS)))

I have had people ask if they could pray for me before. I think that is a nice thing because it means that someone wants to let you know that they are thinking of you, and wants to address their concerns for you in their own way, but they want to respect your boundaries.... so I think as far as the subject of religion goes, you will be fine

I'm really looking forward to seeing how things go with your sponsor on Tuesday. She sounds like an interesting woman. I hope that you remember during your one on one meeting that you have a voice of your own, and are always free to use it (((HUGS)))
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-07-2019), Dmom3005 (06-10-2019), mymorgy (06-07-2019)