View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 09:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I wish you the best.

I am in Belgium.

What is wrong with standard treatment in Portugal, that you aren't "following" that?

I get gabapentin (900mg 3 times a day) for the pain together with buprenorphine pain patches and sublingual tablets.

I have this in my legs, fully, and hands/shoulders/fingers.

In my legs (diagnosed 3 years too late) it is chronic, nothing can be done.

I totally understand not getting out of bed; before I got the pain medication I was in there 24/7. Now I do bedrest until 10-12AM, so half the day. It is still quite unlivable but the pain medication helps a huge deal!

It is atrocious.

My arms aren't yet disabled, as my legs are, and for that I get calcitonin treatment.

I have had bisphosphonates (for recalcitrant RSD/CRPS) as well -> for the legs).

I have had all common EU treatments, even went the Dutch route with Lysomucil 600mg 3 times daily (anti-oxidant treatment). Never touched the DMSO however, too dangerous in my book!

Anyway I wish you the best of luck, because this is a horrible disease and a rare disease to top it off. Not all doctors are even aware this exists. So you have to look for a doctor that understands and has done research on it.

Good luck!
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote