View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 08:59 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Hello New to this forum

Hello friends. I feel like I know you all as I have so much in common with you. I suffer from treatment resistant depression and have experienced alcohol abuse. I am alcohol free basically for the past 4 years. No 12 step program per say but I have used many different strategies over the years to decrease alcohol consumption, as I self medicated for years. Now it has very little appeal, as it was basically killing me.

I have a chronic pain disease (approx 20 years) which has left me "disabled" (unable to work outside my home) since 2015, as a result of work related accident, that caused my preexisting disease to become full blown CRPS. Rare neur disease with severe nerve pain in affected areas.

I have a nursing back ground. Never actually completed my RN degree however worked in hospitals, mental health and clinical research for nearly 40 years.

I know how hard life can be and like to think I have survived for 60 odd years, should be able to keep on trucking till my time comes naturally.

Kay. My goodness you are one strong bullsey gal, if you don't mind me saying. You give me strength to carry on.

Thank you all for sharing. Got me through many difficult times.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-13-2019), Dmom3005 (06-13-2019), mymorgy (06-13-2019), OhKay (06-14-2019)