View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 12:00 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I an so sorry to hear you are suffering from this vicious cycle also. I understand what it is like to have constipation and diarrhea. It sounds more common than I thought.

I have had numerous colonoscopies but not anymore! My primary md orders Cologuard, which is a home kit stool specimen you mail in. It is probably not
as effective as a colonoscopy to detect colon cancer or precancerous cells, however, it is better than nothing to evaluate you.

The fear of the unknown can be so much pressure. So maybe have one colonoscopy to put your mind at ease, and then after this baseline test, use the cologuard as a possible alternative in the future. Diverticulosis could also be a culprit. Colonoscopy will find these little pockets in our bowl and diet can be modified if needed.

I have had IBS most of my life. Medicine is such an imperfect science.
Guess work? Yup...

Stool softness, mirlax, suppositories, enemas, prescription meds, OTC meds... It is such a delicate balance. i try to eat a variety of protein, veg, fruit and dairy. I know which food I must not eat and moderation is the key. Right now I feel I could burst. TMI!

I hope you find balance with your bowels.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-17-2019), Dmom3005 (06-14-2019), mymorgy (06-14-2019), OhKay (06-14-2019)