View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 10:35 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Thank you all

I was able to get off the toilet long enough to get to my appointments

I saw my GYN on Thursday. The NP had done my Pap, and the GYN was upset that she had just sent me out a letter with my results and had the colposcopy scheduled in the office without consulting her.
She thinks that atypical glandular cells that turned up are likely related to all the abnormal bleeding I've been having, but everything needs to be investigated, and I am going to have a colposcopy, hysteroscopy, and D&C under light sedation on July 19th... unless the hemotologist/oncologist turns up something that makes having that done a bad idea.

I met with the hematologist/oncologist yesterday. What a nice doctor! It is very depressing (and takes a long time) to have to go through my entire medical history with a new provider. It was very clear that he felt terrible for me. I don't know how many times he said he was sorry.
Of course he doesn't know what's going on yet. He seemed very concerned about my past iron levels tho (I didn't realize that they were that low and don't know why the NP never told me to take some). I may have to have some IV, depending on how they come back this time. They took 5 tubes of blood from me. I'm going to have CAT scans of my neck, chest, abdomen, and pelvis on July 1st to look at my lymph nodes. He thinks that the largest one they find should be removed for further investigation because he thinks that's the only way we'll find out what's going on. I just hope that the largest one is in a superficial area... He'll call me to discuss any hinky findings and to let me know if I need to have the IV iron or not. I have another appointment with him in 6 weeks.

I've definitely been happier...
But I figure I'll just get this s*** over with so I can figure out what's going on. Most times, the answers are better than the unknown.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-17-2019), Dmom3005 (06-15-2019), mymorgy (06-15-2019)