View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 08:12 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Some things that helped me cope with physical symptoms...

Hi all. Car accident in November 2018 and PCS symptoms are now at a more manageable stage for me. I just wanted to mention a few things that have eased my symptoms. I have a lot of sympathy for anyone going through this.

"Doze" therapy. I sat in a comfortable position in front of a nice electric heater (it was during winter) and just closed my eyes, focusing on keeping my mind clear. I did this for at least an hour or two a day and would always feel more clarity afterward.

Lion's Mane and Chaga tinctures. I make double extraction mushroom tinctures as part of a side business, and I use them both twice daily - 2 droppers full each in a glass of water, morning and night. Clinical studies on Lion's mane mushroom show that it's a contributing factor towards regrowing nerve connections and nervous system health. Chaga fungus is an adaptogen with anti-inflammatory properties. Both of these fungi are used in traditional medicine around the world. I found that the chaga in particular had a dramatic effect for me in improving my ability to handle light exercise and rapid weather changes. More than anything, I credit chaga tincture for helping me get back to my normal routine.

Coffee and vitamin C "Emergen-C" packets. I'm a coffee addict and it helps my brain wake up. Additionally, vitamin C packets in a drink of water can really help maintain focus during difficult tasks.

Sunglasses and earplugs. Keep them within reach and give yourself plenty of time to rest in comfortable environments.

Conversely, I would avoid: restaurants (bright, loud, many voices at once), working with manual or power tools (tends to shake your melon and give you a setback), difficult yardwork (physical exhaustion tends to trigger symptoms for me).

I was just able to travel and complete a high level, week-long biology course taught for over 8 hours a day, staying in a hotel. 3 months ago I wasn't sure if I could do this, but managed to complete the course successfully. I am reaching a new stage of wellness in my recovery, finally, and my hope for you is that you find your wellness as well.
Mr. Toadstool is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote