View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 11:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah19901 View Post
Do you know if most people are still able to walk and maintain a job with this condition?

I am devastated and barely hanging on.

I want to be able to walk my dog and go to work but if this gets worse I don't know what I will do
as Glentaj posted in another thread, its impossible to predict the progression or lack or progression of small fiber neuropathy. It applies to large fiber neuropathy as well.

some people get worse, some stay relatively the same, some get better if not cured. Its very important to take the steps necessary to try to determine a cause. It could be possible that yours could be one of the causes that is treatable.....b12 deficiency, diabetes, cancer treatments etc. if not its important to do what you can to provide the conditions for your nerves to regenerate and stop progression. these would include lifestyle changes in diet, supplements, exercize, limit exposure to toxins etc.

Don't despair though!!! I think that most people do continue to be able to work and deal with the pain levels they have with small fiber neuropathy and continue to be able to walk their dogs and live a relatively normal life.
echoes long ago is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote