View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 01:22 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Why can't your friend can still control her own finances?
I thought that she was moving just because she can't drive.
Is that something her brother(s) are insisting upon?

I can understand your concerns about her moving away. You will be unable to see her, and you won't be able to check up on her welfare. I'm so sorry (((HUGS)))

I hope that everything works out, and these brothers of hers end up being better men than they appear/seem to be, and she gets good care without getting preyed upon.
Kay,

She and I did briefly talk about money but she has rarely been open about it even to me. She said she has been approved by the state (disability??) . . . . . . . I don't know.
I asked her if she could keep up her mortgage payment while not living in her house. She said that she could and told me the amount but I forgot because it did not matter to me.

Before he left for the Germany trip, her younger brother told me that he had gone with her to help her officially quit her job and take the money out of her 401K.
That seems controlling but she does need help and she had stopped going to work.

Years ago, when he wanted to buy property, he had the cash but not the credit so she co-signed.
Since then, he has bought duplexes that he rents out.

That same brother is in a city with the best hospital in the state so I can
hope that she can get good medical care. I trust him somewhat wrt her
care.

It's hard for me to know exactly know what is going on about the driving.
She can't deal with much. Except for when I saw her in the ER, she has been strongly medicated. The hospital sends a car for her and then sends her back home.

I don't like the older --and very broke -- brother at all. He drove from across the country to be at her place a little after dinner time. I left a few minutes before he arrived.
=-=-=-

M
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-19-2019), Dmom3005 (06-19-2019), mymorgy (06-19-2019), OhKay (06-19-2019), Rain shower (06-20-2019)