View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 10:29 AM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default Positive Antibodies Normal SFEMG, Dr says this rules out MG

Hello! I'm hoping for some input here before I go back to the neuromuscular doctor next week. It's a long story but here's the short version! I've been going back and forth to the Cleveland Clinic since Nov. after some really weird things happened to me in June 2018. They've diagnosed me with POTS after extensive testing (an autonomic nervous system dysfunction) but in the process of seeing a neuromuscular dr, he happened to test me for Lambert Eaton Syndrome. That blood test also tested for MG which came back for positive MG antibodies (ACh Receptor Bind Ab). The lab stated this in the interpretation: This antibody profile, in an appropriate clinical and electrophysiological context, is consistent with autoimmune myasthenia gravis. The dr was quite surprised and said I didn't present for that and that's not what I had seen him for and so I sent him messages thru MyChart explaining symptoms that I felt did relate that he was not aware of. He did go ahead and order a single fiber EMG which I had about 3 weeks ago at the Cleveland Clinic. It was normal and he says this now rules out MG. I have repeatedly questioned why then would I have positive antibodies. Anyway, I've since read that people can have positive antibodies and a normal EMG and a normal SFEMG and still be diagnosed with MG and/or respond well to treatment. I see this dr again on 6/27 (my 6th trip up there). Does anyone here have any thoughts on this situation and having positive antibodies? I'm terribly afraid that this is going to be missed. Why would I have the positive antibodies? I feel that I have most all the symptoms as well. When I first read about MG, it was like I was reading about myself. Thank you in advance for any help and information anyone could provide.
Smirleygirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote