View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 08:10 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I love you too, Donna

Well, I survived yesterday.

I have some MS symptoms that are progressing, and some that are new-ish. With everything that's been going on unrelated to my MS, my neuro floated the idea of changing my medication, but I've been on and off Tysabri since 2012, and haven't had any major relapses, so he decided we should stick with it- at least for now.
I'm overdue for an MRI of my brain, but he took mercy on me, and decided he could wait a little while before he orders one. I see him in 2 months.

I was 7 minutes away from the hospital when I got out of my neuro's office, but would have been about 45 minutes early for my appointment. So, I basically drove in a big circle to get an iced coffee and a donut, and to kill some time.

I still arrived early for my appointment to get the Tysabri infusion. When I got there, the nurse told me she couldn't give me BOTH medications (yesterday) because they were ordered by different doctors. I had no idea what she was talking about... apparently the hematologist/oncologist's office sent over an order for me to get IV iron without anyone telling me in advance.
I finished the Tysabri infusion before 3pm because they took me in early, but I have to go back on Monday to have the iron infusion. I'm not happy about it because it's yet another medical-related obligation, and I was looking forward to getting a break from all that s*** for a while (a few days at least).

I had to stop at CVS to pick up my new inhaler, coffee, and ice cream on my way home. I was so tired, I should not have been driving. I probably should not have been driving earlier in the day either. I was glad to get home, even though I was in a terrible mood. I took a 3 1/2 hour nap, and woke up less irritable.

We ordered out. I was really craving a salad or a cold vegetarian sub, but I knew that would be a bad idea, so I settled on a grilled vegetarian wrap. Cooked vegetables are usually safe, but apparently not in this case. I'm still paying for it.

If some of my posts from yesterday are off, it's just because I was so tired.

I WILL get the grocery shopping done today come hell or high water.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-22-2019), Dmom3005 (06-23-2019), mymorgy (06-22-2019)