View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 10:44 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Unhappy Parkinsons Dementia with Pyschosis

Hello. My mom has Parkinsons Dementia with psychosis and is getting progressively worse. I had no choice but to put her in a nursing home last year. I'm really struggling when it comes to visiting my mom. She frequently acts out, gets physically aggressive (combative), is verbally abusive, is extremely angry and cries all the time. She also has hallucinations and is delusional. This seems to get worse each time I visit her. I have spoken to her care coordinator and have been told that she is on medication (Ativan) to calm her down along with antidepressant and multiple other medications. It appears my visits seem to make her worse and they are extremely upsetting and stressful for me as well. At this point I feel like I'm being forced into a corner; either continue the visits and deal with the havoc it wreaks upon us both or not see my mom at all. I know others probably have the same dilemma. I also have a brother and sister who haven't bothered to see my mom at all in years. This is heartbreaking and I really don't know what to do anymore. If anyone would like to share their experiences/perspective, I would appreciate it.
ShariMcG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote