Thread: Body jolt
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 06:10 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

This messed me up for two weeks. Had 2 days off screen use and slept quite a lot. After that had nausea while using computer again, dizziness, vision focusing issues and fatigue. Was able to get to my part time job 5 days later but couldn't last more then an hour without a break. Also coffee started giving me a headache.

The computer use mostly came good around the two week period but still felt a bit dizzy when walking around. Had 5 sessions of HBOT this week which helped immensely and am now basically where I was computer wise 3 weeks ago and possibly better in terms of visual stability and feeling more conscious.

This was definitely more force then a car breaking hard, tyres simply cant stop fast enough to cause concussion unless you bash your head on the window or something.

Comparison would be more like a car crashing into a thick concrete wall at 5km/h with no crumpling and the seatbelt locking instantly and head not moving forward. Table and trolley had no give whatsoever (steel).

Based on calculations I found, when travelling 4.4m/s, stopping in 10cm will produce 10g and stopping in 1cm will produce 100g.

Football Physics: Putting G-Forces In Perspective

Forehead skin is about 1.5mm thick, so at 4.4m/s (running) speed you would produce 666g if your head went straight into a wall or the ground. Walking speed is more like 1.4m/s, which would be 212g - My original injury walking into a wall with forehead.

So if I strapped my head to the shopping trolley we'd be looking at 212g. Though obviously I had some minimal movement in arms, though they were pretty locked as I was leaning forward on them and not expecting the collision.

I'd say stop would be at least 1cm so more like 30g. Not enough to concuss a healthy person but it definitely affected me.

This is the worst hit I've had since my original injuries, and really the only one I think has actually affected me.

In summary, try to avoid crashing into immovable objects, or getting hit very hard while stationary. Everything else is probably anxiety.
DudeWhoHitHisHead is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote