View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 08:57 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Question Totally lost on TOS rehab contradictions/different approaches

Hi everybody,

I come back at this board since first of all i'm totally lost on what is a "good" TOS's rehab.

Besides this, I come back here since obviously no physio's rehab seems to work at releasing my very tight and stiff neck and cervical, with sometimes mild pain/ache in my little finger/hand and right shoulder and even in my neck (it has began 5 months ago)

Even i'm aware that each TOS rehab should not be the same, there seem to be a lot of contradictions on the "right" approach that are the following :

1) On the one hand, some people advocate to stretch the tight muscles (upper traps, scalenes, etc..) in order to release them but on the other hand, another people claim that tight muscles are weak muscles and so they need to be strenghtened and therefore not be stretched because stretching weaken them more and more and finally increase brachial plexus's compression.

2) On the one hand, some say a little pain's increase is not necessary bad after doing exercices/stretches but on the other hand, other people advocate to stop all exercices/stretches that provokes even a bit of pain.

3) Finally, how many days/weeks/months do we need to stick to a particular rehab in order to determine if it is working or not ?

Excuse me in advance for my poor english but i'm french.

This said, i would be very happy if you could shed your lights on the issues i've raised.

God bless you in your struggle against TOS.
sangoku is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote