View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 09:42 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Yesterday was a bad day...

Of course, it started with the fire alarm.
There was a small fire in our building, but it was a couple of units away, so we were unaffected. I couldn't go back to sleep, but I've been getting up around 7:30am lately anyway.

I found out at the last minute that my father-in-law was bringing along his friend Carolyn, the one who really upset me on Father's Day. I was under the impression that she would not be coming. I was NOT happy about it, and got really anxious, so I ended up taking the other 1/2mg of Klonopin. I'm very glad I did.

I hit the MOTHER-OF-ALL-POTHOLES on my way to the restaurant, and blew out one of my tires. Fortunately, there was a convenience store right up the street. When I pulled in, I had 3psi left in the tire. I texted my FIL about what happened, and he planned to meet me there.

My FIL couldn't help change the tire because his right leg is amputated below the knee. Corey and I thought it would be best to get a tow and have a new tire put on, but nobody had our size tires in stock, so I just paid $85 cash to get someone there to put the donut on ASAP. While we were waiting, I called the dealership to have them order the tire, and made an appointment to have them put it on at 1pm today.

It was so nice of my FIL and Carolyn to wait with me (she just kept buying scratch tickets lol). I would have preferred to just go home and lay down, but Carolyn made it abundantly clear that they had not eaten all day, and I didn't want to disappoint my FIL, so we went out to lunch once the tire was changed. We had a pleasant time. I only wanted to smack her once.
I'm glad I got to see my FIL again before he heads back to Florida tomorrow, even if it started out as a s*** show. He only comes up once a year now.

I have always been a prolific list-maker, and I never go anywhere without my trusty notebook. I've been keeping my long list of appointments up to date, but that's about it. I've been very disorganized lately.

I did finally make my list of things to do, but plans have changed... I have to go to the dealership to get the new tire put on today, which will kill a couple of hours, so I probably won't get much done, certainly not as much as I had hoped.
Tomorrow I finally go see the surgeon. The appointment's at 1pm just outside Boston. So, I don't expect to get much done tomorrow either.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-27-2019), Dmom3005 (06-27-2019), mymorgy (06-27-2019), Rain shower (06-27-2019)