View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 09:34 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Confused Looking for answers...

Hi everyone, my first (very long) post - hoping someone may share some insight. Doctors and allied health here in Australia are proving unenlightening.
Short health history: female, 34, Caucasian. Conceived and born in Mexico (I think this is related). Generally 'healthy', although with chronic low-level issues that doctors can't/won't diagnose: high white blood cells; low red blood (megaloblastic); constant digestive issues, generally healthily-low blood pressure. I'm generally of a low-energy and have always required a lot of sleep 8-10 hours daily, 12 in periods of stress.
The last general practitioner I had suggested Vitamin B12 (in a lozenge to avoid my gut, because in her words, I 'obviously have something going on there'), magnesium and MTHF (active folate). I took these supplements and didn't notice a huge difference. Then I got diagnosed with a very severe case of shingles (2.5 years ago) and stopped taking the supplements because I was taking up to 30 pills a day to treat that (oxycodone, pregabalin, steroids among others).
I still have post-herpetic neuralgia, pain and sensation severity changes daily/weekly. Most recently I have developed Morton's Neuromas in both feet - in numerous toe joints. Again, pain severity and sensation changes daily, width and comfort of shoes is often not a factor in the development of my symptoms.
I have joint hypermobility (mild, but enough to cause issues with my pelvis, neck and spine). I have mild psoriasis, get ganglion cysts in my knuckles (occasionally, but painful) and have Raynaud's.
Individually, none of my symptoms are life-threatening. They do however, affect my daily life. I have gone from very active (running daily, going to the gym four-five times a week), to being afraid to add extra activity to my day in case of my foot pain. My tummy issues control my life - where and when I can go out, who I feel comfortable enough to go out with etc. I work long hours, on my feet, but am learning balance in life (yes, I wear good shoes approved by the podiatrist with my orthotics and have never worn heels).

Have recently resumed the vitamin supplements.

I know not to trust your opinions over those of my doctors, but do these symptoms sound familiar to anyone? Do they point to any underlying disorder? What testing can I ask doctors for? I suppose the foot pain is the thing controlling my life at the moment.

Or am I just a little bit crazy?
PalomaW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote