Thread: My SFN Story
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 01:49 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I hope the CBD helps you like it has helped me. As for the Keto diet, it was the best for me, but it was very difficult to stick to. Let me elaborate. It reduced many of my symptoms and I felt good on it. But it was a mixed bag. In addition to being difficult to stick too, because without carbs I often had low energy (though not always), my uric acid serum levels went up though I'm not certain of the connection, and I would shake every day. I'm not sure why the latter would happen but likely because I didn't have enough carbs in my body. I have some other theories. I would say it's worth trying to be sure. I think I want to go back and try it again for another 6-12 months and see how it goes this time. I'm now eating more carbs and even sometimes have grains, though that usually means just rice, never any glutenous, and no dairy, and my symptoms are worse. But I never shake or vibrate like when I was on the Keto diet.

As for the muscle weakness and shaking, yes it happens to me too. When I try to do strength training, say some core exercise like a plank, and I have to stay in one position with my muscles engaged, I shake and sometimes it gets violent. In the next few weeks I'm going to try to get back to the gym and to workout with weights more like I used to. I have to be careful. I think it's the stabilizer muscles that are most effected. I have pure small fiber neuropathy, but as my neurologist pointed out more and more research is showing that SFN does in fact damage muscle tissue and it's not so cut and dry with small fibers having no connection to muscle tissue. But it doesn't seem to damage large muscle tissue to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeQ View Post
David, another question I have read your CBD oil post and I am about to try that, but I would like to ask you, are you still trying Keto diet? I have been trying that in a while and I am trying to figure out if it causes any improvement or not because it is difficult to follow, besides I have lost more weight than I would like to.
And what about your muscle weakness, my muscles dont have the same resistance and start to shake when I am remain in a same position, but I can still lift some weight and run.
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Joe Duffer (07-09-2019)