Thread: CRPS Surgery
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 01:57 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member

I just finished the "trial" SCS surgery. They require it in order for insurance to pay for the full surgery. The only difference is the battery was kept taped to my back instead of inside my body.

I would say it got rid of 60% (on average) of my pain, which was much needed relief! Sometimes it felt like 20%, but other times it was more like 90%. It was a bit tricky getting the nodes to the correct level at first, but when they adjusted them, it felt great! The relief was immediate. When they pulled the trial nodes out, the burning started up instantly.

I know recovery from the full surgery is a bit difficult. I expect back pain for a while. Also, not being able to bend or twist. You can't lift anything over 5 pounds. This recover period goes on for a few weeks while the nodes scar over.

Even with that, I am going for the full SCS surgery in a few weeks! I was able to have more of a normal life with it, and I think it will be worth the weeks of recovery from the surgery. I have CRPS in both legs/feet and in one arm
msorenson2219 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (07-03-2019)