View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 10:51 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessinthewilderness View Post
Thanks, Mark.

It’s terrifying because the bump has all of my symptoms returning - headaches, blurry vision, feeling out of it and tired, etc. It’s crazy what our bodies can do and that they can manifest all of the symptoms like this.

It’s good to know that something like this is just anxiety and i can go about living my normal life without it being damaging.

I’m seeing a therapist currently, and take an Ssri for anxiety. Neither have helped too much, so I’m exploring my options.

Concussion anxiety feels so real that it’s hard to just dismiss it as “in our heads.” I get so worried it’s going to be something serious and it’ll send me down a spiral like last time. I’ve finally reached a pretty good spot in my recovery and I’m terrified to go backwards.
You're not the only one - I was having a great couple weeks, feeling mostly like myself with a solid mood to help me look past minor symptoms; I even went on a road trip with my brother and had a great time. Then Saturday I go to my friend's pool party and end up throwing around a nerf foam (thank god) football, only to be in the water when someone guns it at me and it goes right through my hands and at my forehead.

The way I have calmed down the rational side of me is to think that people take headers all the time in soccer- not only is that ball more dense, but usually the person even jumps into the header, which would be even more of a momentum transfer vs. I was just standing there. Obviously, it's ridiculous that I have to think about things like that but nonetheless I've felt like crap the whole week, pretty unable to focus. Feeling pretty confident that I'll be back on track, but not knowing is obviously kind of a soul crushing prospect, and I haven't really been able to fully enjoy the festivities of this week that I was genuinely looking forward to (that's always how it goes...).

In any case, I'm mostly looking on the bright side that it wasn't a true leather football, in which case I would've probably had a full on freak-out (even though people probably get hit on the head with these all the time... or do they? i dont even know)
guitardude is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote