Old 07-07-2019, 09:55 AM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default Me too - but be patient.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlanta View Post
Is there an update? I’m dealing with a similar issue now. I’m 6 weeks out from extraction and have the exact same symptoms you described. I’ve never dealt with anything so depressing before. It seems like it’s never going to get better!
Hi Coldlanta
I also have been going through the same thing.
Now 9 weeks out and still some discomfort. But it is slowly improving. As long as you don’t have an infection and you are keeping the area clean (rinse with salt water a couple of times a day) you will heal. For some of us, healing just takes longer.
The crazy thing for me is that 2 weeks before this extraction (#4 on top), I had another extraction on bottom because a bridge I had 10 years ago had failed and had decay on one of the anchor teeth. So I had that tooth extracted.
That extraction was easy breezy. No pain at all !!!!
And healed completely within a week. We all expected the same when I had to extract the top tooth. But no such luck.
I had a dry socket and it was hell for 6 weeks.
I’ve been drinking a lot of water - I really believe staying hydrated helps. And I eat mostly soft food (no smoking please)
I still have throbbing in that area when I walk around, but it is improving slowly.
Stay positive, meditate, listen to classical music & you’ll get through it.
jasminedreams is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bryanna (07-07-2019)