View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 11:05 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Wisdom Teeth Extraction & Small OAC (I Think) With Sinus Infection

Bryanna,

I had my two top wisdom teeth extracted on 6/28. The top right was impacted and reportedly a "tough" extraction. First few days of healing went well and I thought it was going quite well.

Late Sunday into Monday I started to develop a sinus infection. I took some Cefdinir that we had on hand, Monday - Wednesday. On Tuesday and Wednesday night (both times my rinsing was probably too vigorous with too much pressure), I noted leakage of saline rinse before bed into my nostril. I had called Oral Surgeon regarding sinus infection on Wednesday and was prescribed 875 mg, twice daily Amoxicillin. I started taking that on Thursday. Also, after Wednesday's night rinse issue, I contacted Oral Surgeon again about suspected sinus communication.

I saw Oral Surgeon on Friday morning. He did X-Ray and very quick inspection of removal. X-Ray did not show a communication nor did his inspection or nose pinch/mouth breathing test. He suspects it is a very small hole that should spontaneously heal after sinus infection is addressed.

After 3 days of Cefdinir and 3 days of Amoxicillin (starting 4th day today, and have 14 day prescription), I'm still having sinus pain and pressure. Most concerning it seems like I'm having a ton of purulent discharge from either the sinus communication or post-nasal drip. Lots and lots of brown (some with black dots) discharge that I'm spitting out. Occasionally, typically at night I also spit out blood.

A few other notes, I'm taking pseudoephedrine 2-3 per day (since Thursday). Today I started to augment that with Muscinex. I'm taking 4-5 grams of Vitamin C, 8000 IU of Vitamin D3, and 100 mg of Zinc per day. I started using Peridex yesterday, twice daily.

I'm quite concerned with the amount of pus I seem to be dealing with - should I be? Also, I'm scheduled to do a cross-country flight on 7/15 for business - should I be concerned enough to cancel that trip at this point?

Thank you in advance!
Duwath is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote