View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 12:18 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Note Just Diagnosed witih BP

Hello ~ I am a newbie here and just diagnosed with BPII at age 68. Although I always think I was BiPolar, just no one would diagnose me.

Mostly I am Hypomanic and deal with Major Depressive Disorder.

Currently facing bankruptcy due to all my spending habits, more especially while on Zyprexa. I kept telling my psych doc that I was over spending but he did nothing about this and told me to stay on Zyprexa. Now I am paying the consequences.

Now with a new psych doc and he is the one who levied me the dx of BPII.

New psych doc is trying to put me on the newer class of medications, unfortunately they are all Tier IV or Tier V with my insurance and that would also throw me into the Medicare Donut Hole in two months. So, he's trying samples on me for now. Currently on Rexulti which he said is the purest of the anti-psychotics. After 5 days on this medication I developed confusion, rigid muscles, aggression, more depression and more mixed states, so he told me to go off. Seeing him next week and we are out of options as I have tried all medication known to man at this point and I am not in a state that will allow pot.

So, I spend a great deal of my day and night dealing with the mood swings. It takes alot of energy and I isolate and keep myself away from everyone.

I am now coming out of a depressive episode where I can finally show some interest in living and getting things done.

Next Wednesday I go to bankruptcy court and not being on any medication to keep me stable is worrisome. It's a 50 mile commute one way on my paratransit. Wish I could afford Uber both ways.

Thank you for listening and nice to finally be someplace that understands.

Blue
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (07-08-2019), mymorgy (07-07-2019), OhKay (07-08-2019)