View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 04:03 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

I just want to update. It has been eight months since the relentless onset of neuropathy. I believe it is finally passing.

The most recent flare with the tingling and stinging was pretty bad. I knew from the stories of other people that tingling can mean nerve healing. I couldn't wait, however. I went to the doctor to get Nortriptyline. It seemed like the least troublesome option to begin with. Again, I was once on 600mg of Lyrica daily and after that atrocious withdrawal, and subsequent withdrawals from Opiates and Valium post surgery, I never wanted to depend on meds again.

I took two pills. I didn't sleep the first night. I had a headache in my eyebrows (weird). I stopped after two and still had the headaches and insomnia for two more days.

And then it started to fade. The waves are less frequent and while I am still aware of them, they pass quickly. My skin feels like a normal temperature. I feel very close to normal much of the time. I have temperature tolerance, although a few hot flashes have come through. They are more "warm" flashes though, with me not breaking a sweat.

And my big test was my son moving out this weekend. Apparently, anxiety can worsen neuropathy and in the past, any stress, like my late mother's birthday, was enough to trigger a flare. This was a big one. But I think I'm in the clear on this one.

I will likely know sure if this is healing in two weeks. My presentations change every few weeks. If this is the end, I will update.

I have an appointment with Dr. Todd Levine in a few weeks. He's an authority on neuropathy and Charcot Marie Tooth Disease. Hopefully he will have answers for me.

Again, I have multiple potential reasons for neuropathy but my family doctor suspected Mitochondrial Dysfunction due to stress, chronic pain and inflammation, and medication. He recommended a handful of supplements and just to power through. That's because SOME MEDICATIONS FOR NEUROPATHY CAUSE NEUROPATHY. I added multiple other supplements from my own studies and it seems the damage is very slowly reversing.

I keep all sufferers of chronic pain in my prayers.
Sassafrass is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote