View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 05:53 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmom3005 View Post
Hi, Blue Moon

I'm Donna and while I honestly have no ideas on the transit issues.

I do wonder what other drugs you might have tried. I know that
each situation is different and in the case of my son he has
been on a few but depakote, lituim and abilify work And they
are all on Medicare and Indiana Medicaid.

He also has some anxiety medication. Which is something
when he gets anxious he takes.

Donna
Hi Donna ~ I decided to take a paratransit to my bankruptcy and then dive into an UBER for the ride home. I downloaded some relation tapes to listen to on the way there. It will take me 2 hours to drive 50 miles due to picking up many others and dropping them off. It's a very tiring ride and the ride is usually filled with very disorderly people who shout and yell and carry on. It all depends upon how I feel in the morning of the bankruptcy. I may just take an UBER both ways.

I have tried every drug in the SSRI's, SNRI's, Antipsychotics, Antidepressants, Antiseizure meds. I'm 68, so have been trying since my 20's. The only drugs that I could cope with was Depakote (which damaged my liver and caused chronic hyperammonia) and Zonegram (which causes way too many kidney stones), hence why I can't take Topomax. No one will put me on Welbutrin, that is the only drug I have continually asked for.

I have taken Lithium but due to the unequal fluid in my inner ear (Menieres), the salt in Lithium contributed to extreme dizziness. That is when my ENT got me trying to drink half my body weight in fluid ounces (water only) which I continue today, but all that water did not help the constant dizziness. There is a medical term to what drinking all that water will cause, but it tricks my kidneys in releasing sodium.

Does your son have to have regular blood tests, I know that with Lithium it can be soo variable and affected by many things. How long has he been on Abilify and Depakote?

Bringing up the subject of anxiety medicine, I take Klonopin daily, but wondering now if I need to focus on more anxiety medication.

Thank you Donna for responding (( Hugs ))

Blue
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (07-09-2019), OhKay (07-09-2019)