View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 10:05 PM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Liza Jane...

Thanks for posting this - this year's review so far has been a nightmare (and is continuing right now as we speak) - every year my docs tell my LTD (long term disablity private company) that I'm not getting better - but they pull every stunt in the book to make my life miserable and threaten to cancel, and bottom line know they can cancel based on their "own docs review of my records" and often do because a case typically takes three years to get to court and since I have a group policy - there is no cost of living increase and again, because its a group policy, if I did have to go to court - no punitive damages.... but the bottom line - its 2/3 of my monthly income.... and losing it would be catatrosphic to me... the company counts on people giving up fighting them - many are too sick or just really dont need it... I cant give up..... Liza Jane is right on here - and would appreciate any feedback on her question! (I'm right in the middle of a review right now - and the stunts they have pulled to date to try to deter just the collection process of data and doctor statements so far is absurb - but bottom line is - they write the checks!)
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote