View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 06:39 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymorgy View Post
I am so sorry for your many health problems besides your financial problems.
I take klonopin for years now. I take 2 mg in the morning and 2mg at night.
can't they just increase the dosage? Welbutrin worked for me for a while. Why won't they give it to you. That was the only one that worked for me until it stopped. I now take aplenzin which is related to welbutrin. It is ultra expensive and the insurance company gave me special permission and I also belong to a New York agency so I don't have to pay more than 20 dollars a drug. What a nightmare you are living. I am glad you found us. Do you have any animals to give you comfort?
bobby
Hi Bobby ~ Good to hear from you this morning. I take .5 mg in the am and .5 mg in the pm of Klonopin. Due to it's now being classified as a "controlled substance" my prescribing doctors feel they will not prescribe me more than this and it's limited to a 30 day supply, so I have to have a face to face each time I fill it and take it right to the pharmacy counter and then sign for it. They won't fax it in due to the reporting requirements, they all say. You are lucky that you can be allowed to take that much. I find that I need to stock pile my medication, go several days off of it, in defense of all this.

I am clueless why no one will prescribe Welbutrin for me, as I have yet found a doctor that will and they don't seem comfortable explaining to me why. When I see my new psych doc on Thursday, will keep demanding an answer. He said he would not put me back on Lithium as he said it would burn out my kidneys and cause me to go on dialysis.

I do have a cat, he's a 12 month old Ragdoll who, unfortunately, has special needs and has to be on more medication than I. I can't go to him for comfort, so I do alot of cat sitting in my community to get my needs met by being able to cuddle with my friends cats.

Blue
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (07-09-2019), mymorgy (07-09-2019), OhKay (07-10-2019)