Thread: Doctors appt
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 06:50 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

The vitamin sticky helped me a few years ago when I had my first and second concussions. I currently am still taking all except for the folic acid, so I'll add that back in. I also just re-upped my omega 3, so hopefully that begins to kick in.

I agree, my anxiety is at high levels. I've been going to a therapist for about two months now and she specializes in CBT - it's helping a little at a time. I'm seeing her tonight so it'll be good to talk with her about this.

You just see so much about how you need to take time off work, time away from screens, etc. Today was tough even driving to work and I'm here, staring at my screen. I'll be sure to take short breaks, but I'm scared that this is going to set me back. One step at a time.

I just turned 26 and it's terrifying to me that I feel like I can't do as much with my friends, can't be out and about, can't function "normally." Finding a new normal almost requires taking the time to mourn your old life, and that's the stage I'm back at right now.

I'm sick of being looked at as the friend that's always "sick" and has to cancel plans. I'm scared of letting people down, and letting my employer down. I have to sit down with my new employer this morning and explain to him everything I've been through in hopes that he understands when I have to take breaks or take it easy.

It's so easy to get into the "Why me?" and as each day has passed, and I haven't felt any better yet, it's terrifying to me. I wish that I could take time off work to focus on healing, because I know that would be best for me - but I just can't. I feel so lost.
Jessinthewilderness is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote