View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 07:01 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Good morning.

What is your main concern about the long drive? Is it anxiety?

I'm sorry but I do not remember the other post. --- Do you have
medication at the moment that is somewhat helpful for the long
ride?

I agree with Kay that you need to let the judge know immediately about your current diagnosis.

If you have a document or pill or something with your pdoc's name on it like a pill bottle.

That makes sense to me although I do not know much about judges.

M
Hi Mari ~ In answer to your question, the main concern I have is several fold: 1) I have not gone that far away from my home since 2004 and with Agorophobia, it makes it difficult to even leave my home, 2) I am not on any medication to help stabilize my mood and not sure how I will react to the stress of everything I will be facing - it's all new stuff to me, and finally 3) I am fearful of having a panic attack, oops one more 4) when I get stressed I become very dizzy and have vertigo attacks which keep me in bed as the only way I can get around is to hold onto walls and then usually a migraine with aura will hit me.

The only medication I currently have and am on is Klonopin, but it's not enough to handle the panic and anxiety especially in situations like this. It's never been that effective. When I went thru breast cancer treatment, I was on Xanax and that was wonderful and handled anxiety very well, but since I am on Klonopin, no one will give me Xanax, again, not a clue why.

After reading your post, I grabbed my letter from my previous psych doc and the medication I was on when I did all my spending to prove everything to the judge. Along with that will take an extra bottle of Klonopin. Thank you for this very helpful suggestion.

I did inform my bankruptcy attorney the reason for my excessive spending that led to the need for bankruptcy and he said in all the cases that are approved, my condition and being on the wrong medication is all that is needed. So, will bring proof with me just in case. I don't know judges either, but he is also a trustee for Federal Court and his paralegal told me he already approved my bankruptcy, but I just have to meet before the judge to be formally put thru for discharge. Now, my discharge will occur after 60 days have gone by and no one comes forward to contest it and then another 30 days to get me the letter. I spent the last 7 months paying off my lawyer and went without good nutritious food and medical care for my cat and I, in order to afford all this, so it will be a serious setback if my bankruptcy doesn't get discharged and my lawyer has to charge me to go back in to fight it. So, the next 3 months, I will be sitting on pins and needles and have to continue to sock away his fee monthly until I get the final discharge. Gulp.

Blue
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (07-09-2019), OhKay (07-10-2019)