View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 07:40 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmom3005 View Post
Hi, Blue Moon

I'm Donna and while I honestly have no ideas on the transit issues.

I do wonder what other drugs you might have tried. I know that
each situation is different and in the case of my son he has
been on a few but depakote, lituim and abilify work And they
are all on Medicare and Indiana Medicaid.

He also has some anxiety medication. Which is something
when he gets anxious he takes.

Donna
Hello OhKay ~ I looking back thru the responses to my posts, I see that the one I sent to you did not go thru, so will get right back to you. I soo appreciate the time you spent to respond

Thank you for welcoming me. Just getting used in how to respond appropriately.

I constantly informed my former psych doc that over the past year I was spending too much money and could this be because of the medication I was on (Zyprexa). He said no and kept me on this drug for a full year, in which time I charged over $20K on my charge cards. In looking around my home, I see little evidence of what in the world I spent all this money on. I know I returned alot of stuff when I went off of Zyprexa and realized what I had done and could no longer afford the minimum monthly payments. I think it must have been alot of vet appts, vet medication and my medical care, along with alot of small things that I really needed, such as sheets, blankets, new pillows a new bedspread, towels. All my linens were threadbare. I did buy a Rollator to help stabilize my daily dizziness and some cookware, but I still don't have a clue what it all went to.

I have always asked if I was BiPolar and throughout all the years have been told "no". I even did excel spreadsheets to cover a year with my former psych doc proving my mood instability with many highs and alot more lows, but still could not convince him. He kept saying I am on all the right medication anyway but would not put anything in writing. I saw him for 30+ years. Now in his letter to my new psych doc he admits I had Hypomania.

In truth, I have been on all the right meds, just could not tolerate the level I needed to be on to control the rapid swings of mood. My GenOMind gene study recently done shows that I am an ultra rapid metabolizer, which means that I am subject to severe side effects and have to remain on very low levels of medication.

Sorry to hear about your dad. He's from the old school, like me and being male, I can understand why he won't go on any of these meds, but there is always hope. Sounds like he has stayed this side of the law all these years.

As explained in a previous post, and you are just catching up, I will bring what medication I was on when I did all the spending along with my bottle of Klonopin and my recent letter from my former psych doc (7 pages) detailing my mental health issues. Great idea, thank you very much for suggesting this and very helpful. Good to be prepared.

I have tried all the mood stabilizers known to man, with the exception of all the newer drugs that have been recently been on the TV. I did try Rexulti but it put me in an altered state of mind, not recognizing my surroundings, so I was taken off this drug. Waiting to hear what this new psych doc has up his sleeve. Two appts ago, he threw up his hands in my face claiming there is no medication I can take as I have been on all of them, that he can recommend. I left feeling very depressed. Due to the limitations my plan has on providers, he is the only one close to my home I can see that will take me, but I wonder if he will excuse me from his practice now.

You bring up a very relevant point. I did put my foot down about taking the newer more expensive drugs that will throw me into the Medicare Donut-Hole within two months and one that I will never be able to afford. I kept telling him over and over again that I would never be able to afford this medication or any that are on Tier IV or Tier V, but it all fell on deaf ears. I did my homework before last meeting and each drug he suggested were on these Tiers. He insisted I try Rexulti as he has alot of samples, but only hands me one week supply, LOL. He said he would keep me on samples but I would have to come back to see him weekly to get the supplies (which means he will charge me more co-pays). I have already been down this road with him about my co-pays. Right now I cannot afford to see him every two weeks because I cannot afford the co-pays. So, he's been running up a balance, charging my insurance for each visit, but holding off on billing me. I told him to subject me to having a new debt this soon after bankruptcy will be harmful to me, but he has disregarded this many times, again falling on deaf ears. And he's the only psych doc I can see now, so I feel like a captured soul right now. I looked up his name and what popped up was his 2.5 billion dollar home he lives in with a large pool (inside and out), tennis courts, a 5 car garage in a very ritzy neighborhood north of me. His monthly taxes are $5,000.00 a month. No wonder he pushes to see me every two weeks, I'm helping pay his mortgage. He is holding my renewal of Klonopin hostage until he sees me enough to prescribe this controlled substance to me. I am on my last bottle now and living in fear he will not renew it in time. My primary wrote my last prescription and she said she will not write anymore, so I am stuck complying with him. I am trying to work thru Medicare to get away from this plan but so far, no luck.

I am suffering right now, agreed, as it takes alot of energy just to maintain mood and wished I was put on something that would help with mood instability, especially facing bankruptcy court tomorrow. I see him the day after bankruptcy on Thursday.

Blue
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (07-09-2019), OhKay (07-11-2019)