View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 09:46 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontbeamelvin View Post
In my opinion if you are doing rehab for over a month or two and you aren't getting any relief it is probably time to switch it up. I spent 5 months on the stretching routine and it didn't help me at all. I'm starting to see modest improvements from neck and upper trap strengthening. Look up depressed shoulder syndrome and see if it fits your issues.
Hi Dontbeamelvin,

First of all, I want to give you a big thanks for the very interesting approaches you have raised both on this post and on your "depressed shoulder" one.

This said, could you please tell me if your symptoms/aches were looking like mine which are basically very tight and achy (not strong but very deep and displeasant) neck/cervical and upper traps with from time to time, ache in my 4th and 5th finger and also in my shoulder.

To be more accurate, these achy feeling tends to worsen if I try to weigthlift, even with very very light weights, and especially if my head and neck go forward. At rest, i have nearly zero pain appart my neck and traps that stay rock hard.

In a nutshell, as a guy who loves sport and lifting, i am stuck in an "impeachment" situation because, in spite my pain is not disabling and horrible, i am not able to resume things I like and it is quite depressing to be in this "dead end" feeling.

So, if have well understood what you wrote, you are basically following a regimen of shrug and neck isometrics in addition with lat and pec minor's stretches ?

So, do you feel a release in your neck/traps and less aches in you arm and fingers ?

In all cases, i sincerely hope your condition continues to improve.

I thank you in advance for your thoughts.

God bless you

P.S : excuse me for my mistakes but i'm a french guy
sangoku is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote