View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 08:21 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Hi Sass,

Can you elaborate on which medications for neuropathy actually cause neuropathy? I’ve read about this on a few sites but they never name meds.

I am 10 weeks post-op robotic hysterectomy surgery and my nerve pain started in the 3rd week after taking a bacterial antibiotic for an infection. My ulnar nerves in my elbows are most affected but also have nerve pain down my legs. Thought I had tendinitis in my hands, went to see my Ortho and he said it was neuropathy and prescribed Gabapentin. I was unable to use my ring & pinky fingers on both hands. The meds resolved this but the burning pain still remains in my elbows.

My OBGYN stated it’s just nerve inflammation and will resolve itself on its own, it just takes time. There is a condition called “Surgical Induced Nueropathy” that happens to about 50% of individuals who go through surgery. My doc does not believe this is the case. I am highly suspect of the antibiotic though.

Prior to surgery, I was completely normal, no issues with nerves. I had a back injury 2 years ago but that healed nicely. Truly struggling to feel normal again.
dollymolly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote